Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Curtis' Birthday Surprise

04.12.15

This year I wanted to do something different & special for Curtis' birthday! His birthday landed the week before the new semester of school starts so I figured we could get out of town for a day or so and just spend time as a family before our lives got super hectic and busy!

I got our suitcase packed and loaded the car while Curtis was out for a few errands on Monday. Once the baby I babysit went home I told Curtis to get dressed. We got in the car, stopped at the gas station & headed out! I couldn't keep it in any longer, I told him we were headed to Salt Lake! (But I did manage to keep it a secret about what we were going to do!)

We got to the hotel late Monday night and decided just to relax and watch some TV. I still wouldn't tell Curtis what we were doing no matter how many times he asked!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CURTIS!

Tuesday morning we got up early so we could enjoy a fun filled day together as a family. We got in the car and drove up to the Utah State Capitol. I had been seeing a lot of pictures taken up there in the trees and wanted to take a family picture in them! The trees were no longer bloomed but our picture still turned out cute :)

Brooklyn was wearing her "I Love Daddy" shirt for Curtis' birthday!

After that I decided to tell Curtis what we were doing, so then he could decide what exactly he wanted to do. I asked him if he wanted to go to the Hogle Zoo or the new Aquarium. He had a hard time deciding but finally decided on the zoo. (I even told him we could do both if he wanted!)


Don't mind our squinty eyes, it was so sunny!

Brooklyn is ready for the zoo!
Everyone knows my love of elephants and this was so COOL!

Elephants

Rhinos


Curtis' favorite!

This tiger was being so loud and wanted to be heard!

Peacock

TWINS!

Turtles

"Guys, I'm done with this place!" -Brooklyn

The baby giraffe was just born this year! She was nursing and the mom just walked away! Ha.

We went on a train ride at the zoo!

Zebra!
After the zoo we were starving! Curtis really wanted to go to an Indian restaurant that's in Salt Lake but it didn't open until dinner. So we decided to try a Brazilian Grill called Tucano's. Man oh man. It was delicious! We definitely will be going again! 

As we were driving back to Rexburg we decided to stop at the Brigham City Temple. With how much we've been moving around, Curtis & I have not been there since we were married. So we thought why not today? Haha. 

Brigham City, UT Temple 

It was so fun to be able to walk around temple grounds and show Brooklyn where we were sealed together for eternity as a family! 

Brooklyn loved the temple!
I am so grateful that we were able to get out of town for a while and spend some quality time together as a family! I asked Curtis what he wanted for his birthday and all he said was to spend time with me and Brooklyn (I think I succeeded ha!). 

We love you so much Curtis. Hope you had a special birthday. 

Love,
Shelby

  

No comments:

Post a Comment