Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Baby Girl: 38 Weeks

Baby girl has been transverse (head on my right side, bum on my left side, feet down) for a couple months now. We scheduled a version to have her flipped. 

May 1, 2019- We got to labor and delivery around 8am. They started the monitors on the baby and an IV on me. Around 9:45 they gave me a shot in my arm to relax my uterus. My doctor came in at 10:15 along with another doctor to start the procedure. They checked baby's positioning and fluid levels through ultrasound. They then started trying to move her- which was extremely painful. I knew it would be uncomfortable and a little pain but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. I was squeezing Curtis' hand like crazy. The nurse had Curtis put the oxygen reader on my finger because I would quit breathing when they were pushing on my belly. They stopped to give me a little break and check baby's positioning again. They tried 2 more times and and she wouldn't budge. Dr said they usually can feel the baby start to move within 10 seconds of starting and she did not move at all. I think they were pushing harder and everything because they couldn't get her to move. So it was very painful. At that point they realized she wasn't going to move and didn't want to put me in more pain. So... scheduling is a c-section is how baby girl will be born. 

We have had a lot of things happen during this pregnancy. Anti E antibody in my blood, placenta previa, breech baby. I think I've always had it in the back of my mind that I might end up needing a c-section. I don't think it's totally hit me for real yet that I am going to need a c-section. We are still hoping and praying that baby girl will turn on own, but it's not likely. So for now we have a c-section scheduled for next Wednesday, May 8. 

I'm not particularly thrilled about having a c-section but I will do whatever I need to to get baby girl here safely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment