Monday, February 22, 2016

FHE the Evans Way



For those of you who don't know, FHE stands for Family Home Evening. Our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) really emphasizes the family. A few years back ( I'm not entirely sure how long ago) the church decided that each family should put aside one night a week to learn about the gospel and grow together. So on Monday nights most families will have FHE.

Sometimes with our little family it is hard to do FHE, but tonight we thought we would show Brooklyn something that Curtis and I both enjoy doing.... BASKETBALL.

As we were driving to campus we watched a Mormon Message on my phone as our spiritual thought for the night. You can click below to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7BwXXiyEY

I hope and pray that Curtis and I will be able to raise Brooklyn, and our future kids, to be this faithful as they're growing up.

Once we got to campus we went to one of the gyms and Curtis and I just shot around for a little while, having fun. I took Brooklyn out of her car seat and we played around with her. She loved listening to the music they had playing in the gym. But what made her smile most was watching her daddy shoot around the basketball.

Brooklyn and Mom watching Daddy shoot some hoops!
Curtis and I had so much fun being able to share with Brooklyn one of our hobbies! Even though she is still so little it's never too early to have FHE with your kids or share your passions with them!\


We are so glad that Brooklyn had such a good time! I'm sure she will probably be getting her own basketball soon!


We love this little girl and are so grateful that we are able to enjoy family time! 

Love,
Shelby





1 comment: