Thursday, February 2, 2017

January '17 in Review

So Curtis got a job as a substitute para at Kamiakin High School in December. Just last week he got a permanent subbing position until the spot was filled. Well they filled that spot yesterday, Feb. 1st, and Curtis now has a full time job! We are so excited!! Having this job will help him with his student teaching next year, hopefully a paid student teaching position! But with this job comes insurance benefits and I am so grateful for that! Our Heavenly Father really knows our desires and needs. I have been without insurance since 2012. We were on medicaid while I was pregnant with Brooklyn. But this means dental (woo-hoo!), vision/(so grateful, I hate paying full price for exams, contacts and glasses) and health insurance! This has been such a blessing especially since we have a baby!

I am still being a stay at home mom and absolutely love spending my days with sweet Brooklyn! Even when she hits or pinches.. if anyone has any tips on how to get her to stop doing that I would love them! We got a gym membership a month ago and I have really enjoyed getting out of the house everyday and exercising! It has been so good for me!

Last week we were able to get a babysitter and go to the temple. A goal we have this year is to attend the templenat least once a month. It was so great to spend an hour or so in the Lord's house doing His work. I always feel such peace and receive answers to prayers while in the temple. I am so excited for this goal this year and hope we go more than just once a month!

A couple weeks ago we were able to go to Leavenworth, WA. It is a little German themed type of town. We went on a horse drawn sleigh ride, watched beautiful ice sculptures be made, visit all of the cute little shops and spend time together as a family. It was such a fun day!

Curtis is still chugging along on his school work. His semester ends the end of February and he will have 24 credits in 6 months completed! We are so proud of him and all of his hard work!

Overall, I think this is shaping up to be a pretty good year!



No comments:

Post a Comment